We teach a positive message that supports each person on their own unique path to understanding the power and presence of God in everything and everywhere. Rather than focusing on what divides people, we affirm the common ground that unites us all in one human family. Unity has many teachings, all of which are taught with the understanding to take what is right for you and leave the rest. We have no creeds or doctrines because only the living Spirit of Truth within the individual can identify what is true for them.
The Five Principles
- God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
The Twelve Powers